This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:42:18 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<I know. I was against requiring GNU make for it, but lost that fight.
There is a valid reason for not requiring GNU make for GCC itself (so you
can build GCC to build GNU make), but no such problem with Ada.
One of the reasons for using GNU make, and using its features is that this
greatly eased the handling of the VMS version of GNAT.