This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch)
- To: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Subject: Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch)
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Date: 02 Oct 2001 17:42:59 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200110022121.OAA20244@kankakee.wrs.com>
On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 17:21, mike stump wrote:
> > From: Aldy Hernandez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > To: email@example.com
> > Date: 02 Oct 2001 14:39:09 -0400
> > for the altivec enhancements, we need a way to overload functions in C.
> > for example:
> > vec_add(foo, bar)
> You know, with 3 more features, you'll have C++.
yes i know. i really hate motorola's altivec draft. the front end
changes are abismal.
i'm just trying to look for a "not as kludgy" way of doing things.
pretty much anything we do is going to look a little messy. i just
wanted to keep the mess to a mininmum and perhaps come up with something
that can be used for other things.
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Gypsy on a Motorcycle
Red Hat, Inc.