This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch)
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Date: 02 Oct 2001 17:26:32 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20011002190245.C96B6F28AB@nile.gnat.com>
On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 15:02, email@example.com wrote:
> This seems a bit of a kludgy feature to me. Do we really need to add
> overloading to C for this purpose? If so, surely it should be done
> in a manner that is coherent with the rest of the language.
yes it is kludgy. can you think of a better way-- preferably one that
won't take weeks and weeks to implement?
the way i have it, we can add this builtin and then put the rest of the
nasty stuff in the <altivec.h> include file which can/will be required
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Gypsy on a Motorcycle
Red Hat, Inc.