Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch)

On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 15:02, dewar@gnat.com wrote:
> This seems a bit of a kludgy feature to me. Do we really need to add
> overloading to C for this purpose? If so, surely it should be done
> in a manner that is coherent with the rest of the language.

yes it is kludgy.  can you think of a better way-- preferably one that
won't take weeks and weeks to implement?

the way i have it, we can add this builtin and then put the rest of the
nasty stuff in the <altivec.h> include file which can/will be required
anyhow.

aldy

--
Aldy Hernandez					E-mail: aldyh@redhat.com