CVS load (was Re: Ada files now checked in)

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 10:38:22PM +0200, Laurent Guerby wrote:
> (It looks like the CVS server is overloaded, I get on update:
> Fatal error, aborting.
> load average of 17 is too high
> )

Yep.  I just now checked; it's slightly better, but still under heavy load,
mostly (I think) anonymous CVS.  Doesn't look like any hung processes,
either; jlarmour has some stats-gathering stuff that's been running for
a while, but it's not impacting the system noticeably.

Joseph asked whether the GNU folks were running a mirror of the GCC CVS repo
on subversions.gnu.org.  They seem to be, and we could conceivably push all
the anonymous users off onto them, but every time I try to browse around
subversions, I get one or two pages and then an "internal server error".

Phil