This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
CVS load (was Re: Ada files now checked in)
- To: Laurent Guerby <guerby at acm dot org>
- Subject: CVS load (was Re: Ada files now checked in)
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 16:57:27 -0400
- Cc: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10110022019.AA17116@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <200110022038.WAA15943@ulmo>
On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 10:38:22PM +0200, Laurent Guerby wrote:
> (It looks like the CVS server is overloaded, I get on update:
> Fatal error, aborting.
> load average of 17 is too high
Yep. I just now checked; it's slightly better, but still under heavy load,
mostly (I think) anonymous CVS. Doesn't look like any hung processes,
either; jlarmour has some stats-gathering stuff that's been running for
a while, but it's not impacting the system noticeably.
Joseph asked whether the GNU folks were running a mirror of the GCC CVS repo
on subversions.gnu.org. They seem to be, and we could conceivably push all
the anonymous users off onto them, but every time I try to browse around
subversions, I get one or two pages and then an "internal server error".
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams