This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:55:10 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <zack at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Yes, the packaged gnat is 2.8.1-based. I would like to be able to
> build starting from nothing but what is packaged, if at all possible.
> It's really not, unfortunately, since the GNAT sources are free to use
> features added to the compiler in the last version.
Then the configure test in gcc/configure.in for whether GNAT is installed
needs to be more precise - it should check whether the version of GNAT
currently installed is sufficiently recent, so that Ada is not built when
the installed GNAT is too old.
Joseph S. Myers