Re: Ada files now checked in

    I observe that the Makefile requires GNU make, which is contrary to
    current policy (though I am in favor of changing that policy).

I know.  I was against requiring GNU make for it, but lost that fight.
There is a valid reason for not requiring GNU make for GCC itself (so you
can build GCC to build GNU make), but no such problem with Ada.

    Yes, the packaged gnat is 2.8.1-based.  I would like to be able to
    build starting from nothing but what is packaged, if at all possible.

It's really not, unfortunately, since the GNAT sources are free to use
features added to the compiler in the last version.

    (Am I correct in thinking that -pedantic, -Wtraditional, and
    -Wno-long-long are simply ignored by the current Ada front end?)

Correct.  In fact, all -W is ignored.