Re: Ada files now checked in

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 01:09:16PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     1. On this system, the driver that understands Ada is called "gnatgcc".
>
> The Makefile assumes that the "gcc" driver supports Ada.

Right.  This is more in the nature of a heads-up that it is difficult
to build starting from the packaged gcc and gnat on probably a lot of
systems.

I observe that the Makefile requires GNU make, which is contrary to
current policy (though I am in favor of changing that policy).

>     2. -Wno-long-long is not acceptable to gnat1.
>
> Hmm.  I don't understand why I don't run into that.
> You may have an old version.  Replace it with the one you built.
> I'd forgotten this was added relatively recently.

Yes, the packaged gnat is 2.8.1-based.  I would like to be able to
build starting from nothing but what is packaged, if at all possible.

Shouldn't be hard to specialize things a bit so it works; I'll see
what can be done.  (Am I correct in thinking that -pedantic,
-Wtraditional, and -Wno-long-long are simply ignored by the current
Ada front end?)

>     3. The complaint about a missing unchconv.ads does not go away if I
>        correct (1) and (2); there is something wrong with the Makefile.
>
> Do you have an unchconv.ads?  There was one that was checked in.

I must have run a checkout halfway through the import; I have one now.

zw