This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:38:29 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Richard Kenner wrote:
> As a high-priority matter, both contribute.html and cvswrite.html need
> to be updated as well to make it clear whether and when an Ada
> bootstrap is required for changes outside of the Ada front end and
> I'd say it should *not* be required. It's too much of a burden on
> developers to have to build it, at least for a while.
I think that makes sense for now - but once there's an official FSF GCC
release (3.1) out that supports Ada that can be used as a bootstrap
compiler, this should be considered again.
Joseph S. Myers