Re: GCC website and (broken) links

On 1 Oct 2001, Alexandre Petit-Bianco wrote:
> I fixed thing in java/done.html.

Thanks!

> Is this tool checked in somewhere? I guess it prints a list of the
> offending items.

Yes, indeed. ;-)

I'm using Checkbot <http://degraaff.org/checkbot/> with the following
invocation.

  checkbot --url http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/ \
           --exclude 'gcc.gnu.org/(cgi-bin|ml|testresults)/' \
           --sleep 1 \
           --timeout 20 \
           --mailto pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at --verbose

This checks www.gnu.org/software/gcc/ instead of gcc.gnu.org, as it is
more useful in detecting site-specific links (like those to the install
docs); all one has to keep in mind that www.gnu.org lags behind
gcc.gnu.org by a few hours to at most one day, so after heavy changes
like those I just committed, it's better to wait one day before running
the checker again.

I you (or others) are interested, I could set up an automatic checker
that mails out his results once a week or bi-weekly...

Gerald