This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fixinc: PATCH: non-GNU make broken [in] `make bootstrap'
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: fixinc: PATCH: non-GNU make broken [in] `make bootstrap'
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 17:25:05 -0700
- Cc: geoffk at geoffk dot org, bkorb at pacbell dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3BB8861B.915DB2CA@pacbell.net> <email@example.com> <200110012356.f91NuSF18187@greed.delorie.com>
On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 07:56:28PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > This would also be good for the very common case where GCC is
> > distributed in binary form for a non-free OS.
> And more difficult for the case where build != host, since you'd need
> to build fixinc twice - once for build, and once for host. Or
> postpone fixinc until you're on the right host.
fixinc isn't run at all if build != host.