This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fixinc: PATCH: non-GNU make broken [in] `make bootstrap'
- To: geoffk at geoffk dot org
- Subject: Re: fixinc: PATCH: non-GNU make broken [in] `make bootstrap'
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:56:28 -0400
- CC: bkorb at pacbell dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3BB8861B.915DB2CA@pacbell.net> <email@example.com>
> This would also be good for the very common case where GCC is
> distributed in binary form for a non-free OS.
And more difficult for the case where build != host, since you'd need
to build fixinc twice - once for build, and once for host. Or
postpone fixinc until you're on the right host.