Re: Unreviewed patch (was: another bootstrap failure onsparc-sun-solaris28 in cp/xref.o)

> What is the status of all this?  Does anyone now know the right way to
> proceed to fix this?

I believe that we are converging on a solution. :-)

A recent bootstrap succeeded with only my change to UNALIGNED_DOUBLE_INT_ASM_OP
and without the changes to the dw2_asm_output_* routines so it appears
changing those routines isn't necessary (which Richard rightly pointed out).
I do believe (and Richard okayed) that unaligned_integer_asm_op should abort
rather then return NULL.  I'll post an updated version of my patch tonight /
tomorrow.

The issue of replacing unaligned_integer_asm_op with assemble_integer isn't
that important to me as long as the compiler works, though there is some
overlap between these two functions.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |