This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unreviewed patch (was: another bootstrap failure onsparc-sun-solaris28 in cp/xref.o)
- To: john at feith dot com (John Wehle)
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed patch (was: another bootstrap failure onsparc-sun-solaris28 in cp/xref.o)
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:24:36 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
> >On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 06:53:11PM -0400, John Wehle wrote:
> >> Hmm ... walking:
> >> assemble_integer (gen_rtx_MINUS (Pmode, gen_rtx_SYMBOL_REF (Pmode, lab1),
> >> gen_rtx_SYMBOL_REF (Pmode, lab2)),
> >> size, BITS_PER_UNIT, 1);
> >> I see that assemble_integer will output output ".uaword"...
> >Consider if UNALIGNED_INT_ASM_OP is not defined.
> If UNALIGNED_INT_ASM_OP is not defined then unaligned_integer_asm_op
> doesn't work in addition to assemble_integer not working.
> So (ignoring possible whitespace formatting issues) assemble_integer
> appears capable of emitting things like:
> .uaword .L0 - .L1
> and (at least for dw2_asm_output_delta) to do the same thing as:
> fputs (unaligned_integer_asm_op (size), asm_out_file);
> assemble_name (asm_out_file, lab1);
> fputc ('-', asm_out_file);
> assemble_name (asm_out_file, lab2);
> Perhaps wasn't true at one time, however it appears to be true now.
> -- John
What is the status of all this? Does anyone now know the right way to
proceed to fix this?