This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: High memory consumption compiling syntax.c
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Subject: Re: High memory consumption compiling syntax.c
- From: Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:42:06 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <8011-Mon01Oct2001092744firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 09:27:45AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Compiling the file src/syntax.c from the Emacs distribution causes GCC
> to devour lots of memory. Using the DJGPP port, I see something like
> 14MB of memory allocated by cc1 while compiling that file.
Heh - I *just* ordered 256 Mb of new memory because cc1 here likes to
use 115 (I have 128 Mb currently)... But then again, I use C++.
Looking forward to precompiled header files,
Carlo Wood <email@example.com>