This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
fortran binary reads
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: fortran binary reads
- From: "David E. Dietrich" <dietrich at plato dot nmia dot com>
- From: David E. Dietrich <dietrich at nmia dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 05:16:50 -0600 (MDT)
- Cc: dietrich at plato dot nmia dot com (David E. Dietrich)
- Reply-To: dietrich at nmia dot com
Dear GNU Support:
I have a Fortran applications problem that may have an easy solution.
The fortran compiler that came with my Suse Linux applications software
GNU Fortran 0.5.25 20010315 (release)
has problems reading standard binary data files. These files are the
standard single precision --- 8 byte word length --- climatological
data sets used by atmospheric and ocean scientists.
I think the problem may be related to the fortran compiler assuming they
are "c" language binary files, which I am told are different from their
Please advise if you know of a solution. Thank you very much for your
Sincerely, David E. Dietrich