fstream(int fd)

This (I assume an extension) constructor is not present in gcc 3 stdlibc++,
unlike earlier versions

Is there any reason this has been removed ? Do I have to go back to using tempfiles
to fill a std::ostream from a pipe ?

thanks
john

--
" It is quite humbling to realize that the storage occupied by the longest line
from a typical Usenet posting is sufficient to provide a state space so vast