This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: df.c and partial writes/REG_EQUAL notes
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: df.c and partial writes/REG_EQUAL notes
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:13:44 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, <m dot hayes at elec dot canterbury dot ac dot nz>, <matzmich at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> You want no more than 2 bitmap implementations in the compiler,
> and want it replaced all at once, which is another questionable idea.
> This was your "review".
Please. As a user and co-developer (even though I mostly do web pages,
not optimizations) I'd really like to see GCC improve.
And your (Daniel's, RTH's, Jan's,...) work all has the same common goal.
Not all of us agree all of the time, whether on technical or procedural
grounds, but please let's not forget that overall goal and let's try
I'd really like to see you/Daniel's improvements that you/he mentioned
when we discussed the inlining issue (and that has the potential to
greatly help code like the one I'm working on in my day job) become
part of GCC.
I hope this bitmap issue doesn't become a stumbling stone on our way
towards our common goal of improving GCC.