Re: questions of gcc compiling.

Jack Cummings writes:

> Well, if you are building 64 bit binaries in a mixed environment,
> things like libtool get confused and try to link in 32 bit libraries.

I don't think there's really an problem here: libtool is used extensively
for both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries during GCC builds (I personally know
that it works for bi-arch sparc-sun-solaris2.8 and mips-sgi-irix6.5
configuration, which both have 32-bit and 64-bit ABIs), and has always
worked for me as expected.  One thing to note, though, is the fact that
libtool does not support multi-ABI systems in one libtool instance,
i.e. you have to configure libtool separately for 32 and 64-bit builds.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

Email: ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE