This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Successful Build of GCC 3.0.1
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Subject: Re: Successful Build of GCC 3.0.1
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:05:54 -0700
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, Shannon Koh <shannonk at cse dot unsw dot edu dot au>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010919095219.A1301@us.ibm.com> <200109191814.LAA15153@atrus.synopsys.com>
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 11:14:18AM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 12:05:05PM +1000, Shannon Koh wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm running WinLinux 2001 (currently identified as i386-redhat-linux-gnu),
> > > which I've obtained from http://www.winlinux.net, and have successfully
> > > built GCC 3.0.1 today.
> > Thanks! I've added "i386-redhat-linux-gnu" to the GCC 3.0 build status
> > page at http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.0/buildstat.html.
> You'll need to add more than that, [Janis], since this system does not
> correctly identify itself (it is not Red Hat, it is "WinLinux").
In further mail with Joe he recommended that entries for Linux specify
the distribution name and version and also the version of glibc that
was used. I've added the information that I could find in the mail
archives. If the lists for some targets get too long I'll split them
into separate entries.
I'll submit a patch to install.texi to ask users reporting successful
builds on Linux to include the additional information.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/gcc-3.0/buildstat.html,v
retrieving revision 1.29
diff -u -r1.29 buildstat.html
--- buildstat.html 2001/09/19 16:48:29 1.29
+++ buildstat.html 2001/09/21 22:39:52
@@ -37,7 +37,7 @@
+<td>Successful (Red Hat 6.2)</td>
@@ -87,7 +87,7 @@
+<td>Successful (WinLinux 2001)</td>
@@ -112,7 +112,7 @@
+<td>Successful (Red Hat 6.2; Red Hat 7.1)</td>
@@ -142,7 +142,7 @@