This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: freebsd 4.4 and gcc 3.0 problem
- To: Benjamin Gross <bgross at eatoni dot com>
- Subject: Re: freebsd 4.4 and gcc 3.0 problem
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:05:31 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Benjamin Gross writes:
Ben> I've just successfully built/installed gcc 3.0 on a FreeBSD 4.4 pc.
I successfully compiled and linked a "Hello World" cpp program.
Ben> When I try to execute it, I get:
Ben> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "_ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE" referenced from COPY relocation in ./hello
Ben> I would greatly appreciate and advice/ideas as to why this is occuring.
gcc-3.0 c++filt unmangles the name to
vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info
This comes from the libsupc++ in libstdc++. Did you compile and
link the application using "g++" (which automatically links to
libstdc++.so) or using "gcc"? Did you link to the C++ libraries?