This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problems bootstrapping on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
- To: David Wheeler <David at Wheeler dot net>
- Subject: Re: Problems bootstrapping on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:23:34 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Gerd Moellmann <gerd dot moellmann at t-online dot de>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 04:06:56PM -0700, David Wheeler wrote:
> > pow
> o such file or directory
Did you configure in the source directory, e.g., "./configure"? This is
fragile and tends to break. On the installation instructions page (from
http://gcc.gnu.org/) we highly recommend that the compiler be built in a
separate build directory.
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance
which has grown stale, which men of old have spoken.
- anonymous Egyptian scribe, c.1700 BC