This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: removing unused NOTE_INSN notes?
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Subject: Re: removing unused NOTE_INSN notes?
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:04:30 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010917155843.C17569@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 03:58:43PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> /* Start/end of a live range region, where pseudos allocated on the stack
> can be allocated to temporary registers. Uses NOTE_RANGE_INFO. */
> /* Record which registers are currently live. Uses NOTE_LIVE_INFO. */
These are used by some Cygnus local code that I suspect will
never be submitted, since the problem it tries to solve is
much better done with a competely new register allocator.
I'm surprised these definitions leaked to the outside world...