Re: Anyway to get compile flags from objects?

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 09:33:00AM -0400, nbecker@fred.net wrote:
> Are compilation flags recorded in obj files?  Any way to get the info?
> If not, it seems to me to be a useful feature.

There's a feature request, PR 2678, for this.  I worked up an initial patch
but nobody was interested in reviewing it.  It seems to be of somewhat
marginal usefulness without an accompanying tool to extract the flags
from the object file, and the libbfd documentation is hellishly outdated.
So I stopped.

You might follow 2678; if anybody works further on it, there should probably
be traffic under that PR.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance