From: Andrew Stubbs []
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 2:09 PM
Subject: RE: limits.h bug in gcc

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 wrote:

> Hi!!!
> I am also trying to build the gcc 3.0 and gcc 3.0.1 for sh-elf, sh-hms and
> sh-coff targets on cygwin. Sh-elf target build successfully for both
> my changing any script. But the sh-coff and sh-hms are failing in build of
> library libstdc++-v3.
> Rob can you please send me what all changes you have done in configure
> script, so that I can try that change for sh-hms and sh-coff and see
> they built. I am building these targets for languages c and c++. The build
> for sh-hms and sh-coff for only C is successful.
> The error what I am getting is that the PC stops  after the 'checking for
> working strncmp...' statement.

Yes, I get that problem occassionally. It doesn't seem to be consistent.
It causes the cygwin/dos window to change size and lose it's scroll bars
and then the cursor moves around the screen randomly at short intervals -
very odd. strncmp does work (I think) and indeed the test seems to pass
sometimes, so I just set the environment variable
ac_cv_func_strncmp_works=yes so it skips the test.

Perhaps smebody ought to do something about this, but it doesn't seem to
affect the end product. It only ever happens on Windows.

|  Andrew Stubbs,                   |  E-mail:    |
|  STMicroelectronics Ltd.,         |  or  |
|  1000 Aztec West,                 |                                  |
|  Almondsbury,                     |  Tel:    +44 (0)1454 462325      |
|  Bristol, BS32 4SQ, U.K.          |  Fax:    +44 (0)1454 617910      |