Re: gcc 3.0.1 does not work on Solaris 8/sparc

In article <200109081641.f88Gfgt29543@quatramaran.ens.fr>,
Marc Espie <espie@quatramaran.ens.fr> writes:

>> It is just plain dumb from a maintainer-effort standpoint to allow
>> users to build the software in a way that *zero* active developers are
>> using on a regular basis.

> *one*

> Possibly more.

> I try to make the best job I can of finding gnu-make stupid idiosynchrasies
> and fixing them.

> Of course, waiting forever to get simple patches in does feel a bit
> discouraging...

Hi Marc,

I do thank you for this input.  However, I speculate that the current
problem in question only occurs when:

(1) one configured in-source (i.e. ./configure); and
(2) one uses non-GNU make to bootstrap.

Do you do both of those? ;-)  If not, then I claim that we are back to
*zero* active developers.  If there were even *one*, gcc 3.0 and 3.0.1
could not have shipped the way it did.

Regards,
Loren