This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Profiling and optimization
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Subject: Profiling and optimization
- From: Frank Klemm <pfk at fuchs dot offl dot uni-jena dot de>
- Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 02:08:28 +0200
- >Received: (from pfk@localhost)by fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de (8.9.3/8.9.3/SuSE Linux 8.9.3-0.1) id CAA03073;Sun, 9 Sep 2001 02:08:28 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010908153112.8DAF1F2B62@nile.gnat.com> <20010908181701.K8451@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Profiling for size <=> speed optimzation:
Note, that you do not need the average call frequency for the decision of
optimzation for size or speed, but something like the burst rate:
freq = ----- [Hz]
burstrate =----- Sum 1/timebetweencalls [Hz]
For a equidistant time distant both have the same value.
For short bursts they are different.