Re: RFA: Deprecate C++ options

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 02:42:57PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > -fno-for-scope
> > -fcheck-new
> > -fno-operator-names
>
> I agree.  All of these will cause minor headaches for people working
> with very old code, but all are easily fixed, and none have been
> considered correct C++ for ages, and all would simplify the compiler.
> On that basis, -fno-operator-names is the least compelling; supporting
> that does not cost much at all.

Thanks from one of those who will be caused minor headaches (probably
several day's work if you do this and one wants to use a recent compiler)
for working with very old (unmaintained but essential) code (consisting of
thousands of line of now incorrect C++), but all are easily fixed (with
hours of work that will need to be done by every single individual using
the unmaintained code).