Re: Can't build egcs-20000417 with cygwin-1.1.0

In article <001501bfac80$3a3338d0$0100000a@TIMYX18EWDT6RQ>,
Tim Prince <tprince@computer.org> wrote:
>As you may have noticed, I was able to build egcs-20000417 under
>cygwin-1.1.0 with exactly the same minor patches as under last summer's
>cygwin.  Now that Chuck Wilson has corrected texinfo, it may even be
>possible to install the .info files, if you can get around all the
>problems with mixtures of line termination styles in the .texi files.
>However, with the increasing frequency of ICE's in the cygwin
>snapshots, which are more than enough to prevent running testsuite on
>g++, these attempts to use snapshot versions are looking less worth
>while.  I suspect that many of the additional testsuite failures found
>with the new cygwin dejagnu are for real.

Can you clue me in on these "ICE"s you're seeing with cygwin snapshots?
I assume that you're referring to problems with cygwin itself and not
gcc and this is the first I've heard of any problems.

Obviously, I want to fix cygwin problems but I won't be able to do that
if I am completely unaware of the problems.

cgf
--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/         http://www.redhat.com/