This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc Postscript manual
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: gcc Postscript manual
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 00:13:52 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bernd Schmid <bsc at FIZ-Karlsruhe dot DE>
On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > I think the Content-Encoding is the problem in this case and the proper
> > fix is for Transfer-Encoding to be used here (except it may lack adequate
> > browser support).
> Well, but what can *we* do to change this?
> Apart from changing .ps to .ps.gz in /onlinedocs/index.html, that is?
Changes to server configuration are a matter for overseers - but I'd
supposed that most users of PostScript files from the web were familiar
with the problem from previous experience and knew to run file(1) on any
downloaded PostScript rather than trusting the extension.
Joseph S. Myers