This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc Postscript manual
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: gcc Postscript manual
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:05:00 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bernd Schmid <bsc at FIZ-Karlsruhe dot DE>
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Joseph, I had another look at the problem Bernd reported, and indeed,
> using different browsers (Netscape 4.77 and Konquerer) when downloading
> Postscript manuals via our /onlinedocs pages, the downloaded version is
> gzip-ed, but only carries a .ps extension.
This seems to be fairly common - and is a browser bug, a server
configuration problem, or both. What HTTP headers (in particular,
Content-Type, Content-Encoding and Transfer-Encoding) does the server give
when serving gzip-encoded PostScript?
Joseph S. Myers