This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc Postscript manual
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: gcc Postscript manual
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:53:11 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bernd Schmid <bsc at FIZ-Karlsruhe dot DE>
Joseph, I had another look at the problem Bernd reported, and indeed,
using different browsers (Netscape 4.77 and Konquerer) when downloading
Postscript manuals via our /onlinedocs pages, the downloaded version is
gzip-ed, but only carries a .ps extension.
Now, if you're using gv to view the Postscript files, this won't matter,
but it is A Bad Thing[tm] in general, so we should fix this.
I suggest to simply add .gz to the links on that page. If you agree,
please go ahead and make that change, else we have to come up with
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/