This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC status on Linux/SPARC32
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: GCC status on Linux/SPARC32
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:08:57 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Jack Lloyd <lloyd at acm dot jhu dot edu>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 31 Aug 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> Are you compiling with -mcpu=ultrasparc and using automatic variables
> of type double? This is one of the reasons why GCC 3.0 isn't
> ultrasparc-ready: it doesn't guarantee proper alignment of doubles,
> even though it generates instructions that access them assuming
> they're aligned, so the program ends up crashing. The solution is to
> not use -mcpu=ultrasparc, since this is not supported yet.
Could I convince you to add this to gcc/doc/install.texi accordingly?
The sparc64-*-* entry there is quite outdated, as far as I can see;
any help is appreciated (and patches pre-approved <g>).
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/