Re: GCC status on Linux/SPARC32

On Aug 27, 2001, Jack Lloyd <lloyd@acm.jhu.edu> wrote:

> when I compile my program, the executable gives a Bus Error

Are you compiling with -mcpu=ultrasparc and using automatic variables
of type double?  This is one of the reasons why GCC 3.0 isn't
ultrasparc-ready: it doesn't guarantee proper alignment of doubles,
even though it generates instructions that access them assuming
they're aligned, so the program ends up crashing.  The solution is to
not use -mcpu=ultrasparc, since this is not supported yet.