Re: gcc on Mac OS X

Aurelien wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have successfully used GCC 3.1 on Linux to compile a set of
> objective-c classes that do not compile with Apple's CC (they use
> forward references to protocol and I do need that !). Since cc is
> Apple's gcc, I'd not be surprised if gcc worked in Apple world.

(I thought we discussed this on the GNUstep list already)

Yes, Apple's cc is based on 2.95.2, but we're working on getting
what will be 3.1 working, in expectation of using it in a future
release of Mac OS X.  The basic compiler, as checked out from the
FSF sources, works now (modulo bootstrap-breaking checkins), and
Apple's version has additional bits that are handy for Mac programs
but not essential for GNUstep (I think).

Stan