Re: basic-block and profile-based optimizing (was Re: New attribute "infrequent"?)

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 02:11:01PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Profile driven optimizations won't help directly in the case of
> libraries where you can't profile.

when can this happen ? What libraries can't be profiled ?

Some student here actually hacked binutils to re-order the binary's basic
blocks based on profiling information for libraries.

I think his results as far as he'd got where pretty disappointing. I can
probably ping him for the code if anyone is interested ...

regards
john

--
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
	- Andrew Jackson