Re: updated link to AIX gcc binary site

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:49:15PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Nathan Stratton Treadway wrote:
> > I just noticed that the correction I mentioned below did show up on
> >   http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html
> > ... but there is a very-similar-looking page
> >   http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/install/binaries.html  which seems to be
> > out of sync with the first (and thus out of date).  Should those both be
> > being generated from the same .texi source?
>
> Yes. Respectively, this document should no longer have been on
> www.gnu.org.
>
> I debugged the script (not written by myself) invoking my script on
> www.gnu.org, found the problem, and fixed it.
>
> A manual run of that script fixed the problem you reported, and it will
> now operate nightly and remove obsolete files from the GCC web area.

I took a look this morning and it seems like your changes yesterday
maybe didn't go quite far enough.  If I look at the page
  http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html
, it seems like all of the GCC-specific links on that page point to
  http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/....,
with the notable exception of the FAQ link (which points to
http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html).

After your changes yesterday, it seems that
http://www.gnu.org/software/install/.... went away, so now a number of
the links on that page are broken, but the others still point to pages
on www.gnu.org.  (Of course, the "same" links on the gcc.gnu.org page
work fine.)

Also note that I got to the  http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html
page following links from
  http://www.gnu.org/software/software.html
(which is itself a link directly from the www.gnu.org home page); if all
the GCC pages should now be at gcc.gnu.org, you'll want to get those
links updated to.  (There are at least two links to GCC on that page,
one "GCC" itself, and the other in the description for "Checker".)

Hope that makes sense.  (Let me know if doesn't :) )

						Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  | Ray Ontko & Co. | Software consulting services
nathant@ontko.com         | Richmond, IN    | http://www.ontko.com/