Re: basic-block and profile-based optimizing (was Re: New attribute"infrequent"?)

FYI Jan is working on profile-based optimizations at the moment, we've
just did a small announcement at
http://gcc.gnu.org/news/profiledriven.html

Profile driven optimizations won't help directly in the case of
libraries where you can't profile.  That's AFAIR why Jan suggested
this attribute.

I agree that using profiling we can find out some of this information.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de