This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: basic-block and profile-based optimizing (was Re: New attribute"infrequent"?)
- To: Scott A Crosby <crosby at qwes dot math dot cmu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: basic-block and profile-based optimizing (was Re: New attribute"infrequent"?)
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:11:01 +0200
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, <pfk at fuchs dot offl dot uni-jena dot de>
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
FYI Jan is working on profile-based optimizations at the moment, we've
just did a small announcement at
Profile driven optimizations won't help directly in the case of
libraries where you can't profile. That's AFAIR why Jan suggested
I agree that using profiling we can find out some of this information.
SuSE Labs firstname.lastname@example.org