This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Optimization is removing wanted branches
- To: smith_stephen at htc dot honeywell dot com ("Smith, Stephen P (AZ75)")
- Subject: Re: Optimization is removing wanted branches
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:24:10 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> The other day one of us noticed that the following code is emitted from cc1
> without a branch when optimization is turned on. Is there a way to use
> optimization (-O1, -O2, -O3) and have the assembly branch instuction in the
Yes, you could insert an asm volatile (""); .