gcc testsuite organization???

Hi,

I am using gcc testsuite which came with gcc 3.0.1. It is really
difficult to understand what is the organization of the testsuite,
specially when test files are written in "some number".c format. Is
there any meaning or pattern of those number tests?
Is there any place where I can get details on per file basis, because it

is very difficult otherwise to know about what you have "PASSed", as
you  will anyway investigate, whatever "FAILed".

The directory structure is clear from README file, and I am mentioning
it so that it might help some one.
c-torture: tests that are generic and can run on any target
compile: tests, just need to compile
noncompile: tests that should give an error
execute: execution tests
execute/ieee: IEEE FP specific tests
dg: if a test does not fit into the torture framework.

Regards,
Nitin