This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Optimization is removing wanted branches
- To: "Smith, Stephen P (AZ75)" <smith_stephen at htc dot honeywell dot com>
- Subject: Re: Optimization is removing wanted branches
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: 30 Aug 2001 15:28:14 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <EFE5870184A7F343876EF4953809CC4C295212@hl-az75-s02>
"Smith, Stephen P (AZ75)" <email@example.com> writes:
> Several of us are using gcc 2.95.2-6 (from the cygnus distribution) built as
> a cross compiler for the powerpc.
> The other day one of us noticed that the following code is emitted from cc1
> without a branch when optimization is turned on. Is there a way to use
> optimization (-O1, -O2, -O3) and have the assembly branch instuction in the
It would be slower, at least in general.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>