Re: Copyright assignment forms - where?

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM> wrote:

> Gerald writes:
> > Please find request-assign.future which assign past and future changes
> > attached to this message.  If you have any questions, please do not
> > hesitate to ask.
> >
> > > Is there a reason they aren't on
> RMS's reason was that the FSF was getting a lot of incorrect assignments
> (people sending in the wrong form, and wasting a lot of time with multiple
> paper mailings) so he wanted to try to prevent this by trying to make sure
> that people would have to talk to an experienced developer who would steer
> them into requesting the right form.
> I'm not sure that this is the best way to do things, but it is the
> current procedure.

This procedure seems to work. After some off-list discussion with "an
experienced developer", you know who you are, I am following the
process through. [FSF, you should receive my signed assignement form in
a couple of days.]

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

<>< Re: deemed!