Re: cross compiling for VxWorks

> From: Francis Michel <francis.michel@criltechnology.com>
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:09:27 +0200

> About these patches, what's their purpose?

Standard Answer 103: The purpose of a patch is to either fix a bug, or
add functionality that isn't already present.

> and why aren't they integrated in CVS ??

Standard Answer 429: Some need cleaning up, some need reenineering,
some need reintegration work done, some aren't needed any more, and
some just await some time for people to work on them.

> And of course I'd like to see them, whatever version they may be
> against.

I'll send them out directly to you.  At 1.5M for just the gcc sub
directory diffs, I don't want to burden everyone here.

> genfixes scans specs and generates substitutions for all defines
> (not starting with '_'). For example if specs say -DCPU=xxxx,

> What's your opinion ?

Hard problem, hard solution.  We get by, by always having a -DCPU on
the command line anyway.  This is part of the wrsGenMultilib
technology.