Re: Mips16 question...

On Wednesday 29 August 2001 13:50, mike stump wrote:
> > From: Shane Nay <shane@minirl.com>
> > To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> > Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:32:26 -0700
> >
> > However with the 3.0 release, it seems to be shooting off all
> > sorts of strange pieces of assembly, opcodes that are only in
> > mips I/II/III, distinctly not in mips16.
>
> If you have the testing time...  Try a current cvs pull from the
> top of the tree, and submit bug reports for the stuff that fails.

Yea, I pulled that down, now I'm getting some strangeness from
binutils.  It's complaining about perfectly valid instructions...,
Ugh.  (2.11.2 & CVS)

> Shouldn't be too hard to put a ! TARGET_MIPS16 on the
> instructions...

Explain ..., how does this work?

> A snippet of the assembly code that is wrong would make fixing it a
> bit easier.  If someone has a pointer to the mips16 documentation,
> it needs to be added to the readings list.

Sure, clearly.  I'll try to get some broken test cases with present
CVS.  As far as MIPS16 documentation, the best I know is the VR4181
documentation includes a pretty good instruction by instruction
mips16<->mips32 overview.

www.necel.com
(I'd give you a direct link, but their site doesn't work well with
that, it's under Microprocessors and the data sheet for the VR4181)

Thanks,
Shane Nay.