This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The new scheduler and x86 CPUs
- To: bernds at redhat dot com, vmakarov at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: The new scheduler and x86 CPUs
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:33:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz, vmakarov at toke dot toronto dot redhat dot com
<< I see
that Itanium has the same SPECint as UltrasparcIII practically on the
same frequency. SPECfp is 2 times better, Unlike UltraSparcII, Itanium
is only the first implementation of IA64, I would say a test
implementation. E.g. Itanium does not support multiple
branches/prefetch although IA64 does.
I would be *extremely* suspicious of SPEC values in this context, they
are far too susceptible to fiddling.