This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.1 Released
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.1 Released
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:49:12 +0200
- CC: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2001, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> > In the EGCS ages, such an announce was also posted to compilers
> > newsgroups, did the SC decide it is no longer worth it?
> I'm not aware of that (and cannot really imagine).
> That's probably one of those things that we lost because we (as a
> community, not just the release managers) hadn't documented these
> That's why I now started the htdocs/releasing.html web page.
> Feel most welcome to enhance and complete this documentation!
One of the things we can now point out in the announcement (because the
necessary procedures are in place) is the projected release date of the
next minor and the next major release (i.e., in this case 3.0.2 and
[ BTW, I took the liberty to announce 3.0 on the comp.compilers news
Toon Moene - mailto:email@example.com - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)