Re: GCC 3.0.1 Released

Gerald wrote:
> I'm not aware of that (and cannot really imagine).
>
> That's probably one of those things that we lost because we (as a
> community, not just the release managers) hadn't documented these
> procedures.

The SC was a bit distracted, with some folks on vacation and others
arguing about a couple of contentious issues (if you're not on the
SC list, you should be happy not to have to put up with such nonsense).

> That's why I now started the htdocs/releasing.html web page.

Yes, having a good checklist will help, but you're missing a number of
things: getting the release onto the FSF machine; proper timing so that
the release has a chance to get to the mirrors before Slashdotting occurs,
etc, announcements to the media, etc.

In the case of major releases: coordinating announcements with the FSF
(probably not an issue for x.y.n+1 releases).