This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Compiler porting
- To: Luke Beaulieu <lukeb at canal dot iaw dot on dot ca>
- Subject: RE: Compiler porting
- From: Davide Libenzi <davidel at xmailserver dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:38:13 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On 27-Aug-2001 Luke Beaulieu wrote:
> I have a question regarding porting a compiler to a new
> platform. I've asked many people, including some of my professors at
> university, and nobody can answer it. I thought since you are porting GCC
> to every platform around (including the new 64-bit CPUs) that you'd be
> able to answer it.
> How do your port a compiler to a platform (either a new CPU or a
> new OS) when there doesn't exist a compiler for that platform? If this
> isn't the right spot to direct this question, please let me know where I
> can ask it.
Pls report Your profs about cross compilers :)