RE: core dumps in optimized case with gcc 3.0 and 3.0.1 (regression a gainst 2.95)

Hi,

first of all thanks for your answer.

> I would play around with the various compiler flags and check whether
> one of the new optimizations causes the problem.
>
> A usual suspect is that your program breaks the strict aliasing rules,
> I would try -fno-strict-aliasing first.
>
> Andreas

Well, I tested some combinations and since our makes take some time
only a few results are already available:
	1) compiled only the library which cores with -fno-strict-aliasing
		-> core
	2) compiled the whole bunch with -fno-strict-aliasing
		-> core
	3) compiled averything with -O1
		-> no more cores

Seems like we have to test some other combinations. I'll start from
-O1 and include more and more options, following the sequence given
in toplev.c to get at least a little bit systematics into it.

Any better idea would be greatly appreciated ;-)

Willi