This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Copyright assignment forms - where?
- To: pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at (Gerald Pfeifer)
- Subject: Re: Copyright assignment forms - where?
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 17:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: fnf at be dot com (Fred Fish), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Please find request-assign.future which assign past and future changes
> attached to this message. If you have any questions, please do not
> hesitate to ask.
> > Is there a reason they aren't on http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html?
> RMS requested that we remove them.
RMS's reason was that the FSF was getting a lot of incorrect assignments
(people sending in the wrong form, and wasting a lot of time with multiple
paper mailings) so he wanted to try to prevent this by trying to make sure
that people would have to talk to an experienced developer who would steer
them into requesting the right form.
I'm not sure that this is the best way to do things, but it is the