Re: Bug still in 3.0.1

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 02:22:52PM -0700, David Rasmussen wrote:
> This bug wasn't there in gcc 2.95.3, so why wasn't it
> fixed in gcc 3.0.1, when the bug was discovered (and
> acknowledged as such) a month ago?

Because nobody has had the time to fix it.  I have a fix in mind, but the
presence of many local changes in my tree makes such fixing difficult.
As is well known by now, getting patches approved is one of the biggest
(if not /the/ biggest) bottlenecks in GCC development.  There simply aren't
enough experts to go around; the rest of us must wait in line.

I'll make ya a deal:  you come move my furniture to my new place, and I'll
use the resulting free time to work on this bug.  :-)

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance